|Posted on April 5, 2017 at 10:35 PM|
1. On the beach in the summer time it can be especially hot, even at sunset. Make sure there are lots hydration bottles of their favorite drinks and water. This is so important to keep hydrated. Dehydration can not only wear the kiddos out, but can make them specially angry which does not produce cute photos.
2. Next, bring their favorite snacks with you also. Sometimes just having comfort can help the session go better for them. Depending on personalities and ages, sitting still, focusing and smiling on cue is not the best experience during the time it is actually happening (excluding the running around and playing in the sand and water time). So having a little comfort food is good. I suggest crackers or cookies. Something that is light in fullness and color so it does not make a mess on their outfit.
3. Going to the beach...bring sand toys! Sand toys are great for kids to play with while they are not being photographed and sometimes can be included in the photograph if your child seems to be happier with a toy in the photo session.
4. Do you have a baby or toddler? Bring their favorite large animal. Stand right behind the photographer and play with your child while the photo session is taking place. Warning about this though, try not to be too loud and too distracting for the photographer needs to have room to capture angles that are special for your child.
5. If you are doing an in-town photo session, bring a wagon. You can carry kids and drinks in it. It makes it super convienent and you have all your special props you need to keep the whole family happy.